If you would like to submit an announcement for our "Community Events" listing in the print and digital edition, please call our office at: (954) 458-0635 or via e-mail: SFSUNTIMES@aol.com. The cost per week is: $25.00 for approximately 5 lines. For a complete listing of all Community Events, please check out our web-site at: www.southfloridasuntimes.com. Also, follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/sfsuntimes.
Weekly Community Events
• Unlimited Solar Ribbon Cutting Celebration - Come join the Hallandale Beach Chamber of Commerce on October 22 at 4pm for the Largest Solar Commercial Project in Florida. Open to Chamber Members, and Community Officials. Refreshments and lite bites will be served. Venue: MegaCenter 1000 Pembroke Road Hallandale Beach Fl 33023. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Halloween Monster Mash Bash - Join the North Miami Beach Chamber Tuesday October 29th, there will be music with a DJ, and complimentary drinks and appetizers. The fun will happen from 6-9pm at St. Forts Funeral Home, 16480 NE 19th Ave. in North Miami Beach 33162. RSVP: chamber@NMBchamber.com.
• Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach Aventura - The group meets every Wednesday at 12:15. Please call for current location 954-454-2080 (leave a message) or email RotaryClubHallandaleAventura@gmail.com.
• Kiwanis Club of Hallandale Beach - The group meets the second and fourth Thursday at Noon at The Beachwalk, 2602 East Hallandale Beach Boulevard in Hallandale Beach. Join in their efforts to support our local youth. For more information, please call: (954) 907-2392.
• Ribbon Cutting RiSe Dispensary - October 10, 2019 5:00 – 7:00pm. The Ribbon Cutting will be at 308 N. Federal Hwy. in Hallandale Beach, and is free & open to Hallandale Beach Chamber Members & the community. For more info please visit www.hallandalebeachchamber.org.
• Cardboard Boat Race - Saturday, October 12th 2019. Join the fun and build a boat. Oh no! Out of cardboard? That's right, gather your team, design your boat, choose your boaters, grab your paddles and away we go! The action takes place at the City of Hollywood Marina, 700 Polk Street, Hollywood, Florida. Boats may be built on site (we provide the cardboard) or off site. This is a fun, family oriented event. Create a team name and theme for your vessel and come join in on the fun and excitement. The fun begins at 1:00 p.m.! For information, call: (954) 921-3404.
• Business After Hours - October 15, 2019, 5:00 – 7:00pm. Join the Chamber for the Business After Hours at the Hampton Inn in Hallandale Beach, 1000 S. Federal Hwy. Online Payment $10 Members $15.00 Guests (non-refundable unless canceled 24 hours before event). At the Door, $15.00 Members $20.00 Guests. For more info www.hallandalebeachchamber.org.
• Shred-A-Thon & DEA Prescription Drug Take-back - Saturday, October 26th, 2019. Multiple local police agencies, including the Sunny Isles Beach Police Department, are teaming up once again to hold a Shred-A-Thon and Prescription Drug Take-back event. Drop off your sensitive documents for safe shredding or turn in your expired or unused medications for safe disposal. There is a 3 box limit at the Shred-A-Thon. No CDs, DVDs, binders, x-rays or plastic will be accepted. No needles accepted at the Drug Take-Back. For more information, contact Sandra Block at: (305) 792-1839. Or: email@example.com.
• Veterans Barbecue - Make plans to attend the City of Hollywood’s annual Veterans Barbecue that will be held on Monday November 11th 2019 at 12:00 p.m. in beautiful Topeekeegee Yugnee (TY) Park (Pavilion #12). This picnic-style occasion is put together to honor local Hollywood veterans and active service members in celebration of Veterans Day. Advance reservations are appreciated, but not required. Military identification will be requested for free Park entrance and admittance to the barbecue. Please call Special Events at: (954) 921-3404 for more information and to reserve attendance.
• Classic Albums Live - Jim Hendrix are your experienced? Saturday December 7th atThe Casino at Dania Beach. Tickets are on sale now. Classic Albums Live performs note for note and cut for cut some of the greatest rock albums ever made. Relying only the music, without all the gimmickry and cheesy impersonations, Classic Albums Live uses some of the world’s best musicians to re-create live productions of landmark recordings that you’ll fall in love with all over again. This Concert includes all the songs from the legendary album "Are You Experienced ?", among many other Hendrix classics . Get your tickets today for one of rock's most legendary albums played to perfection live at Stage 954! For ticket information go to www.casinodaniabeach.com.
Ongoing Community Events Each Month:
• We're Back Aging Gracefully - Every Tuesday & Thursday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. The City of Dania Beach hosts adult coloring, art therapy, bingo, bridge, dominos, enhance fitness, movies, poker and basic computer classes. The event will take place at C.W. Thomas park 100 Northwest 8th Avenue in Dania Beach. For more information, call: (954) 924-3692. Or visit: daniabeachfl.gov/cwthomas.
• The Walkers Club - Every Monday & Wednesday from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. The walks will be held at Thomas Park, 100 Northwest 8th Avenue, Frost Park, 300 Northeast 2nd Street, in Dania Beach as well as PJ Meli Park, 2998-2850 Southwest 52nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312.
• The Aventura – N. Miami Beach Lions Club welcomes you, your family and friends to join us, we meet every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 12 noon, at Duffy’s Sports Grill, 3969 NE 163rd Street, Sunny Isles Beach, Fl. 33160. Join us in food, fun, friendship, and service to others. For more information please call Carmen Gomez at (954) 850-1407”.
• Volunteer Instructors Needed - Do you enjoy engaging with older adults? Do you believe all people should strive as they age? Do you have experience in understanding the internet and e-mails? Want to have a positive impact on others by teaching them skills to enhance their lives? Call the South Florida Institute of Aging at: (954) 484-7117 Extension: 7 for more information.
• Funtastic Fridays For Kids - A free event series, features Mama Clown and Friends, a bounce house, face painting, DJ & outdoor movie every Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at ArtsPark in Downtown Hollywood. Call: (954) 921-3404. Or visit our web-site at: www.downtownhollywood.com.
• Aventura Hospital Volunteer Program Opportunities - If you are looking for a challenging volunteer position, Aventura Hospital has many to offer. Patient Escort, Surgical Waiting Room, Human Resources, Mail Room, Front Desk and Dietary. Please contact Volunteer Office: (305) 682-7391.
• Toastmasters Hollywood Toastmasters Club - Become the speaker and leader you want to be. Every Monday at 7:00 p.m. at Driftwood Community Center 3000 Northwest 69th Avenue, Hollywood, Florida 33024, for info, call: (954) 309-5751. Member of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
• Diabetes Support Group - Join us for a free location Diabetes support group! Learn how to use your body weight and your daily self-monitored blood sugars to check your diabetes prescription. See how to improve your blood sugar control. Hands-on experience will be through personal computers provided for each participant every Tuesday 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood. For more info: (954) 270-2662.