If you would like to submit an announcement for our Community Calendar in the paper or on-line, please call our office at: 954-458-0635. Or via e-mail at: SFSUNTIMES@aol.com. The cost per week is $25 for approximately 5 lines. For a complete listing of all Community Calendar items, please check out our web-site at: www.southfloridasuntimes.com. Also follow us on FACEBOOK at: https://www.facebook.com/sfsuntimes.
• “Bethlehem Bingo: Bethlehem Lutheran Church. 838 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd., just east of I-95, across from MacDonald's. Every Thursday. Doors open at 9:00AM, and games start at 10:00AM. Call: 954-454-2954.
• Scholarship Available for Hallandale residents: graduating high school seniors can apply through the BRACE advisor at the high school, or www.hallandalescholarshipfund.org or email: email@example.com for more information and an application.
• Senior Lifestyle & Healthcare Expo April 23rd at the Hollywood Rotary Club, 2349 Taylor Street, Hollywood, Florida (just north Hollywood Blvd.) , from 9:30am to 2pm. Open to the public with free admission and parking. For details, call: 754-246-2874 or visit: www.BrowardSeniorExpo.com.
• Wed 4/25/18 at 8:30am-4pm - Social Event, Bus Trip - Join us for a visit to the southernmost winery in the U.S. A unique seven and a half hour bus trip to Schnebley Redlands Winery and Brewery in Homestead; a constantly growing and hard-working family tradition. Tasty and colorful beverages to delight. Lunch is included at The Cracker Barrel. Cost $45.00 for SCS Social Club members; $55.00 for everyone else. You will love it. www.socialcitizenssef.org RSVP to Dennis 305-936-0986.
• BuzzBuzz April 25, 2018 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Memorial Healthcare Systems 3501 Johnson Street Hollywood $10 Members $15 Guests For more info www.hallandalebeachchamber.com.
• The Stirling Road Branch Library is having a Book Fair on Sunday April 29th from 12 noon to 5 PM. sponsored by the Stirling Road Branch Friends of the Library. We have a huge selection of children's books plus loads of adult fiction,non-fiction, CD's and DVD's and art books available. A bag of books(our bag) is only $5.00. Stirling Road Branch Library - 3151 Stirling Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. Phone: (954) 357-7550.
• Teacher Appreciation Luncheon May 31, 2018 11:30a-1:30p Hallandale Beach Cultural Center 410 SE 3rd Street Hallandale Beach $20.00pp For more info www.hallandalebeachchamber.com.
• • Bus Trip to Holocaust Documentation and Information Center Museum, Dania Beach - Wed 5/2/18 at 10:30am-2:30pm - Social Event, Bus Trip - See the new 26,000 square foot museum amphitheater and exhibition gallery. It will challenge you to think about our responsibilities as consumers of information. You will be surprised. Bus leaves Sunny Isles Beach at 10:30 A.M. - three-hour tour. 1:30 P.M. lunch at Tony Roma's Restaurant included. Cost is $35.00 for SCS Club Members and $45.00 for everyone else. Adults Please. RSVP to Dennis 305-936-0986. www.socialcitizenssef.org.
• The Aventura-Sunny Isles Beach Chamber hosts its "Monthly Breakfast Meeting & Card Exchange"(1st Wed of the month). 1st Wednesday @ Moe's Bagel 2780 NE 187 St Aventura. Members FREE, Potential New Members $10 Networking & Special Speaker & follow by MasterMind. Time: 8:00 AM Networking & Special Speaker RSVP 305-868-2141
• Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach-Aventura meets every Wednesday at 12:15 in Brio Tuscan Grille in the Village at Gulfstream Park.
• Kiwanis Club of Hallandale Beach meets the second and fourth Thursday at Noon at Brio Tuscan Grille in Gulfstream Village. 600 Silks Run. Join in our efforts to support our local youth. For more information please call 954-907-2392.
• Step Into Enlightenment Vedanta - Philosophy - Meditation. For people who have illnesses such as cancer, pain, lack, headaches, depression, insomnia. Every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month. Located at Hollywood Beach, 10:00 a.m. Sharp! Required: Cushion, notebook, text book. For more details, call (754) 703-4815 & to register.
• Memorial Senior Partners Hollywood Beach Culture & Community Center. 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, Florida 33019. 954-924-2954. Yoga class with Carol Parvati Cohen You will need your own mat & towel. $10 for members, non-members pay additional $5. Tuesday 2:00 p.m. Friday 10:45 a.m.
• Join us for a weekly one hour class. No artistic ability necessary. But if you would like to improve your memory, concentration, eye-hand co-ordination, reduce stress and anxiety — this is the class for you! Excellent outlet for artistic inner self. Appropriate for recovering stroke victims. MEMORIAL SENIOR PARTNERS @ Hollywood Cultural Center, 1301 So. Ocean Drive, HollywoodBeach. Every Monday 10:00-11:00 AM. Members $7, non-members $12. For more info call: 954-665-4393.
• Aventura N. Miami Lions Club meets at Brios Restaurant in Gulfstream Village, on the 2nd & 3rd Tuesday of the month. Please RSVP Carmen Gomez at: (954) 850-1407 to attend our meeting.
• Business Networking Event sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Hollywood - meets every Tuesday for lunch at Orangebrook Golf and Country Club 400 Entrada Drive, Hollywood, FL 33021.
• Spanish lessons every Tuesday at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center, located at 1301 S. Ocean Dr., Hollywood. Tuesdays 11:30 & Wednesdays 10 am, $8.00 per class. (954) 921-3600.
• Aventura Hospital Volunteer Program Opportunities. If you are looking for a challenging volunteer position, Aventura Hospital has many to offer. Patient Escort, Surgical Waiting Room, Human Resources, Mail Room, Front Desk and Dietary. Please contact Volunteer Office 305 682-7391.
• The Aventura/North Miami Beach Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 12 noon at: “Brio Restaurant in Hallandale Beach - Village at Gulfstream Park, 600 Silk Run, Suite 1205, Hallandale Beach, 33009. Join us for food, fun, friendship and service to others. For information, please call Carmen Gomez at: (954) 850-1407.
• Aventura Hospital Volunteer Program Opportunities. If you are looking for a challenging volunteer position, Aventura Hospital has many to offer. Patient Escort, Surgical Waiting Room, Human Resources, Mail Room, Front Desk and Dietary. Please contact Richelle, Volunteer Services 305 682-7391.
• The Memorial Cancer Institute, in coordination with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, offering a free, educational support group for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma patients and their caregivers. This group meets on the second Wednesday evening of every month at Memorial Hospital West, 703 North Flamingo Road. Pre-registration is required. For more information, call the Leukemia Lymphoma Society at: (954) 961-3234.
• Gilda's Club of South Florida: Offers emotional & social support to you and your family, free of charge if you're affected by cancer, you're not alone. Info on membership & activities, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call: (954) 763-6776. Or visit: www.gildasclubflorida.org.
• U.S. Submarine Vets, Inc.,: Pelican Harbor Base invites qualified submarines to its meetings 3rd Saturday every month at 1 p.m. Located in the VFW post in Fort Lauderdale, 350 Southwest 25th Street. Call Commander Bill Vasquez at: (954) 341-7821 Or call Secretary Jim Roese at: (954) 961-3181.
• Bluegrass jams - Every Saturday from 3 p.m. till 6 p.m.. Come play or listen at the Lake Forest Volunteer Fire station, 3800 Southwest 41st Avenue in West Park, free. For info, call: (954) 600-8958.
• Bridge Games at the Fort Lauderdale Bridge Club, 700 Northeast 6th Terrace, daily at 12:30 p.m. and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Non-life master point games Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 12:30 p.m. Social games Monday and Thursday at 12 noon. Also: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday night games. Lunch available at 11:30 a.m. Call: (954) 761-1577.
• Tri-City Lions Club, meets 2nd Monday of each month. Piccadilly Cafeteria, 4500 Hollywood Blvd. Call Lion Nina Loaiza: (954) 600-0306 Or Pres. Emily Scavo: (954) 458-2813.
• Belly Dance With Sandi! Every Tuesday, 11:45-12:45, held at Memorial Sr. Partners, 1301 South Ocean Drive. $5.00 members/ $8.00 nonmembers (All ages, all stages! Fun! Fun! Fun!).
• The Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach-Aventura meets every Wednesday at 12:15 PM at Brio Restaurant in Gulf-stream Park. Join the world’s largest service organization. For information contact Susan at: (954) 454-1444.
• Bingo Brigade: Saint Matthew Catholic Church, 542 Blue Heron Drive, Hallandale Beach. Behind the Publix on Hallandale Beach Boulevard and Southeast 14th Avenue. Every Wednesday. Doors open at 10:00 a.m. & games start at 11 a.m. Coffee & Danishes Served. BIG CASH PRIZES! Call: (954) 458-1590.
• Paint With Sandi! Every Thursday morning, 9:15- 11:30... I teach a different demo every week! $10 for members, Memorial Sr. Partners, 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood. (305 978-6701).
• Hallandale Beach Kiwanis Club meeting held every 2nd & 4th Thursday, noon at Brio Tuscan Grille 600 Silks Run, Hallandale Beach at the Villages of Gulfstream Park. For info about the Kiwanis Club contact Joe Kessel at: (305) 496-2770.
• 1st Tuesday of every month. Spirit Drumming - Come drum to the beat of your spirit the first Tuesday of every month at The Unitarian Fellowship of South Florida located at 1812 Roosevelt Street, Hollywood, FL 33020. The drum circle will be held outside around the fire pit (weather permitting) or indoors. For more information, please call (954) 292-1581.
• The Memorial Senior Partners is offering Spanish Lessons on Tuesdays, Basic at 10.45 and Continuation of Basic at 11.45. The cost is $5.00 per hour. This is an ongoing Program. 1301 S. Ocean Dr., Hollywood. Please call : 954-924-2954.
• Bring Your Bellies & Bodies, Belly Dance With Sandi, 12;00-1:00, held at Hollywood Beach Culture And Community Center 1301 South Ocean Dr., Hollywood Memorial Sr. Partners members: $7.00, nonmembers:$12.00. Bring a hip scarf and "Let's Shimmy!"
• Hollywood Kiwanis Club meets every Tuesday, at noon at Orangebrook Country Club Restaurant. We have informative speakers each week, who let us know about our community and many other venues. We are a volunteer organization, helping kids and our community. Each year we donate over $25,000 in scholarships and support "Horses for the Handicapped." Please feel free to join us and be our guest for lunch. Call Said Taie: (954) 915-4756 or just come any Tuesday.
• The Hollywood Rotary Club meets each Tuesday at noon for lunch at our clubhouse on North 24th Avenue, 3 blocks north of Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood. Call Bob Lewis for information at: (954) 921-2345, or come any Tuesday.
• Tuesdays: Raja Yoga Meditation--Free Classes--enjoy the peace and love within. 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. each and every Tuesday at the Hollywood Library, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard. Call Roz at: (954) 962-7447.
• Pre-natal Yoga: Helps expectant mothers to prepare for childbirth by strengthening and stretching specific muscles. Memorial Regional Hospital Fitness and Rehabilitation Center offers a 1-hour Pre-Natal Yoga class every Tuesday starting at 5:30 p.m. A physician's consent is required to participate. The first class is free and future classes are included with full gym membership or can be purchased at a discounted rate. For information, call: (954) 985-5800.
• Anxiety & Depression Survival Skills (Co-ed) Wed. 2pm-3pm. A weekly support group for adults suffering from anxiety and depression to gain strategies to cope more effectively with life. Meets n Hollywood. $75/month payable in advance. Call Dena 954-920-5020
• Ladies’ Nite In - Recovery 4 Women Tele-Group Wed. 9pm-10pm. A weekly group for women who are clean and sober for 5 months or longer. Join other women on this journey to a more significant recovery – a Recovery of Self! Attend from the comfort of your home each Wednesday by telephone. $75/month payable in advance. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Hollywood Women's Club: All are welcome to join, come and make new friends. In addition to cultural and social meetings, we raise funds for charitable projects and participate in civic affairs. Address: 501 North 14th Avenue, Hollywood. Second Wednesday of the Month at 7 p.m., call: (954) 925-9394.
• Learn English now: Need a high school diploma to get a better job or enter college? South Broward Community School offers adults the opportunity to learn English in an ongoing free ESOL class and free GED prep for adults. Students must take a required placement test before beginning the class. An annual activity fee of $10 and a $10 testing fee applies. Testing is on Monday at 5:30 p.m. is the GED class and Wednesday evening at 5:30 p.m. is the ESOL class. South Broward Community School is located at 1901 N. Federal Hwy in Hollywood, 4 blocks south of Sheridan Street on Harding Street and US-1. For further information, please call the South Broward Community School at: (754) 323-1900.
• Women Professionals Power Lunch Tele-Group Thurs. Noon-1pm. Strategize, work on personal and professional development, create balance and move forward in life and work with greater success. Conveniently from anywhere, meet 1st & 3rd Thurs each month by Telephone. $50/month payable in advance. Call Coach Dena 954-920-5020
• Border Patrol: Reclaiming Personal Boundaries - Thurs.7pm-8pm. A weekly support group to gain skills, strategies and resources to improve your life through healthy boundaries. Meets for 8 weeks. $150 payable in advance. (2 payments of $85 may be made). Call Sandra 954-668-7689.
• Caring for Caregivers Tele-Group - Thursdays 9pm-10pm. A twice monthly group providing support, information, strategies, skills and resources for caregivers. Meeting 1st & 3rd Thurs conveniently by telephone, $40/month. Call Dena: 954-920-5020.
• Gentle Hatha Yoga Flow with Karen Rich weekly on Thursdays at 2 PM at the Hollywood Beach Cultural Center 1301 S Ocean Dr. Yoga poses and breathing techniques to relieve stress and increase flexibility, strength and balance. Memorial Senior Partners members $7. 954-924-2954.
• The South Florida Depression Glass Club meets on the third Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at the Hollywood Multi-Purpose Adult Center, 2030 Polk Street, Hollywood. Please call: (954) 964-8073 for more information.
• American Legion Post 92 - 211 North 21st Avenue, Hollywood. The ladies Auxiliary has bingo every Thursday night beginning at 6:00 p.m. Food available. For further information, please call: (954) 923-2760.
• Every Thursday: An OjimaReiki empowerment circle is open to the public. It is from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center, 1301 South Ocean Drive, on A1A, just south of the Hollywood Boulevard bridge. The circle is hosted by Reiki masters and Holistic Life Coaches Gilbert and Mary Lou Cruz. Everyone is invited to attend; a $5 donation to the OjimaLifeWorks scholarship fund is suggested. For more information, call: (954) 381-2418 Or visit: www.ojimalifeworks.com.
• Who's In Control? Anger Group Fridays 10am-11am. Anger is a normal response in certain situations. It is how we respond that is important. This group will help you understand what anger is, how it affects your body and health, gain strategies & skills to effectively control your anger. Meeting weekly for 12 weeks in Hollywood. $75/ per 4-week month. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Nicotene Anonymous: If you would like to learn how to quit smoking, join us from 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. 2nd and 4th Friday's of the month at Satellite Court House, East entrance, 3550 Hollywood Blvd. For more information, call: (954) 467-1669.
• Funtastic Fridays For Kids: A free event series, features Mama Clown and Friends, an outdoor movie, bounce house, face painting, balloon twisting, magic, arts and crafts and activities from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Friday at Arts Park on Hollywood Blvd. in Downtown Hollywood. Several downtown restaurants offer free dinner for kids 10 and younger from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays through April. Call: 954-921-3404 Or visit our web-site at: www.downtownhollywood.com.
• Second Saturday of every month. Looking for a great way to spend your Saturday night? Wanting something fun, yet inexpensive? Look no further! Join us every month on the 2nd Saturday for our Dead Poet's & Other Friends Open Mic. We tend to have a ton of great entertainers turn out for our event. Where else can you go on a Saturday night, spend $2, get one soft drink (or water), as much popcorn as you want, and great entertainment? We have everything from musicians, poets, story tellers, comedians, and more! Feel the urge to get up and show your talents off? Then just let one of the volunteers know. They will be glad to add you to the line up. So join us the 2nd Saturday of every month at The Unitarian Fellowship of South Florida located at 1812 Roosevelt Street, Hollywood, FL 33020 from 7:30PM until the last performer leaves the stage for a night of fun! For more information please call (954) 300-1812.
• Gelfand Good Morning Toastmasters Club: Overcome your fear of public speaking, hone your presentation skills, and network with other business professionals in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Gelfand is part of Toastmasters International, the premier worldwide organization dedicated to developing public speaking and leadership skills. We meet 8:30-10:30 a.m. every Saturday at Picadilly Cafeteria, 4500 Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood. Cost: $5; includes buffet breakfast. Call 954-336-6677 or visit gelfand.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Creative Woman Workshops Saturdays 9:30am-4:30pm, 4 week Series. A series of 4 full-day workshops to help women become economically self-sustaining - designed to educate women, who are out of work or have limited income, with ways to earn money through money literacy, creative projects & social entrepreneurship. Meeting weekly in Hollywood. $250 (Lunch and educational materials included). Limited partial scholarships may be available. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Arts and Laughs Saturday Art Camp offers a variety of art classes for children and adults, starting at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 4:00 p.m. Classes are $12.00 per class hour and babysitting is available for a nominal fee during classes. Half and full day prices available. Join us at Saint John's Lutheran Church, 2919 Van Buren Street, Hollywood. For further information call: (954) 964-3739 or: (954) 240-1681.
• Development communication & leadership skills with the Gelfand Good Morning Toastmasters Club. We meet every Saturday morning from 8:30am to 10:30am at 4500 Hollywood Blvd. Go to http://gelfandtm.weebly.com for more info.
• "Zumba with Jinyann! Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00-11:00 a.m. At South Florida Han Mu Do, 3019 Johnson st. Hollywood. It is $8.00 per class, packages are available. Wear comfortable clothing, bring a towel and water. Call 954-298-3808 for more information. Fun is waiting for you!
• Memorial Senior Partners now located at the Hollywood Com. Ctr. 1301 So. Ocean Dr. Memorial also offers Line Dance Classes with Barbara on Wednesday at 11:30. Call 954.924.2954.
• Diabetes Support Groups - Memorial Regional Hospital South, 3600 Washington Street, Hollywood, 3rd floor of the hospital. Groups meet every 3rd Thursday at 1:00 pm and the 4th Wednesday at 6:00 p.m., December meeting has been postponed and will resume in January, for more info, call: (954) 518-5275.
• Joseph Meyerhoff/Southeast Focal Point Senior Center: On Taft Street in Hollywood offers free classes for Seniors 60+. Classes include Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Current Events, Painting, Jewelry Making, Brain Aerobics, Bridge, Defensive Driving and more. Bus transportation provided. We also take seniors on special trips to restaurants, museums and shows. THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE! There is also a separate adult day care program for seniors who are frail or have Alzheimer's. For more information, please call Janet at: (954) 966-9805.
• Card Game: Join Central Business Club in Hollywood. Men's and women's card club. 14 card Rummy, Poker or your own game. Bring your own players. Private parties, catering. Dinner for $17.00. Refreshments during games offered. Both optional. Call Susan: (954) 454-9232.
• Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday you can again enjoy tournament play at Mardi Gras Racetrack and Gaming Center; formerly Hollywood Greyhound Track. Simple table tournaments are back daily. For additional information, call: (954) 924-3167.
• Laughter Yoga – "World Peace through Laughter"; Free; 8:30 a.m.; TY Park (Pavilion 4) Park Road and Sheridan Street; www.zeblaru.com for directions and more information or call: (954) 989-3774.
• Hollywood Community School: Offers adults the opportunity to learn English in an ongoing free ESOL class. Students must take a required placement test before beginning the class. An annual activity fee of $10 & a $10 testing fee applies. Testing is held Tuesday & Thursday evenings at 5:30 p.m. The Hollywood Hills Community School is located at 5400 Stirling Road, Room 104. For further information, please call: (754) 323-1150.
• Mended Hearts Chapter 161: A support group for heart patients and their families will meet at Memorial Regional Hospital, 3501 Johnson Street, Hollywood at 12:00 p.m. rap discussion, meeting to follow at 1:00 p.m. Also: Satellite meeting at 1:00 p.m. at Memorial Hospital West. Mended Hearts is affiliated with the American Heart Association. Speaker, refreshments, free. For more information, please call James Gauck at: 954-608-4227.
• Hollywood Bridge Club Triple point games Mon thru Fri at 12:30 pm. Supervised play Mon and Thurs with David Temple Sinai-1400 N. 46th Ave-Hollywood-$8 entry fee. Bagels & Cream Cheese daily-Tuna & Egg salad on Wed. Call David 954-600-1899 or Sedat 954-790-3010 for more information.
• Diabetes? Join a free location diabetes support group! Learn how to use your body weight and your daily self-monitored blood sugars to check your diabetes prescription. See how to improve your blood sugar control. Hands-on experience will be through personal computers provided for each participant every Tuesday 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood. For more info: (954) 270-2662.
• Men's Senior Golf Scramble: In Hollywood Every Tuesday at ECO golf course at 8:15 a.m. Call: (954) 922-8755. Every Thursday at SUNSET golf course at 8:15 a.m. Sunday Scramble at 8:30 a.m. open to men and women of all ages and abilities. For more information, please call: (954) 923-2008. Golf for men 50+ years and older.
• Make-A-Wish of Southern Florida: Wants to hear from you if you know of a child with a life-threatening medical condition. Please contact, Make-A-Wish at: (954) 967-WISH.
• Low cost pre-school South Broward Learning Center 6:30 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. Serving ages 2 - 5. Breakfast, lunch and snack provided, call: (954) 924-3611.
• Come join us for Kundalini Yoga.These ancient teachings are designed to give you a hands-on approach to experiencing your deepest emotions and highest consciousness. Relax, stretch, breathe and meditate. Your instructor, Jiwan Kaur is certified and trained by KRI. Classes are Monday nights 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. and thursday mornings 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Temple Beth El, 1351 South 14th Avenue, Hollywood. For more information, please call: (954) 445-6775.
• Hollywood Bridge Club Duplicate Mon-Fri at 12:30 p.m. $8 entry. Supervised play Tuesday with David-$8 fee, Bagels & Cream Cheese daily and Egg/Tuna salad on Tues. We now have a second club location open in Hallandale at Club Tropical, (Next to Fran Kaufman) on Sat., Mon, and Wed. at 12:30 p.m. Lessons for beginners, intermediates and advanced. Please call David for details: (954) 600-1899 Or Sedat: (954) 790-3010 or visit our web-site at: www.hollywoodbridgeclub.com.
• Walking Club, T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park (Hollywood): For all ages, 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Free. Awards to walkers who reach 100-miles, 200-miles, 600-miles and 1,000-mile distances. Bandanas will be awarded to dogs that walk with their owners, call: (954) 985-1980. Walking Club, Hollywood North Beach Park. All ages. Times vary: (954) 926-2480.
• Wee Wiggle and Sing - Early Childhood Music Classes: Along with an accompanying parent or caregiver, children ages 2-5 years meet weekly to enjoy singing, moving, listening, interacting socially and playing simple instruments. Carefully guided and developmentally appropriate curriculum developed by leaders in the field of early childhood music and movement. Classes are offered by the City of Hollywood, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts on Wednesdays and Friday at 1:00 p.m. $84.00 for 8 weeks. Visit http://weewiggleandsing.com for more information.
• George Gershwin Lodge 196: Knights of Pythias has a new home in North Miami. We are a non-profit fraternal organization and need new members. We now offer, free of charge, a grave site at a Miami Cemetery. All you have to do is join our Fraternal organization. We are well-known for all the charity work we do. Contact us at George Gershwin Lodge 196 Knights of Pythias: (954) 680-3412 or: (954) 326-6362.
• Amateur Jai Alai – free lessons: You've seen it, bet on it, now you can play it! Amateur Jai-Alai has come to Florida! FREE lessons given at Hallandale Beach handball courts and American Amateur Jai-Alai Fronton in North Miami. (A Not-For-Profit Organization) from ex-Dania pros Raul and Luis. Cestas & rubber balls supplied, 100% safe. Ages 12-72 welcome. Call: (786) 629-5428 Or e-mail: admanUSA@aol.com.
• Jewelry Design classes are being held every 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesday at 11:30 AM at the Griffing Center in North Miami. Learn how to design and make necklaces, bracelets, earrings and more. Class projects teach various skills needed to make any style of strung jewelry. The 8-class session is $32 plus an annual membership center fee. Students will provide their own beads and supplies to suit their personal preference. The Griffing Center is located at 12220 NE 3rd Ave (Griffing Blvd) in North Miami. For more information, contact Amy at: (305) 788-0484.
NORTH MIAMI BEACH
• Public Speaking: Toastmaster Daybreak Club, Toastmasters has helped thousands of people learn to speak comfortably in public. Plus, you'll gain more confidence and learn leadership skills. Free guest visit/$39 to join for 6 months. We meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. North Miami Beach Library conference room, 1601 Northeast 164th Street. For info, call Rick Zoehfeld, VP Membership: (305) 948-7343 Or: email@example.com.
• New jewelry making class is being held every Tuesday at 6:45 p.m. in the McDonald Center in North Miami Beach. Learn how to make beautiful bracelets and necklaces using the stringing method of beading and don't forget about a matching pair of earrings to go with your new creation! $12 introductory class and $10 for each additional class. Materials are extra. Contact Amy Werba at: (305) 788-0484 for more information and a supply list. The McDonald Center is located at 17051 Northeast 19th Avenue, that's the corner of Northeast 171st Street and Northeast 19th Avenue. Meet in the Teen Lounge.
• Exercise class – North Miami Beach. 9 a.m., Monday-Wednesday-Friday. Gym and Pool. $15 for three weeks. All welcome. Call: (305) 948-2972.
• Weekly classes for men and women at the Dovid Byrn Library - 2601 Northeast 211th Terrace in Highland Lakes, Monday night ethics. Mishna Ethics from the Talmud and Kabbala Mondays: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Parsha Highlights, Kabbalistic, mystical insights to the weekly Torah Portion, Wednesdays: 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Torah for tots, for up to 5 year olds and their parents, it's exciting, fun and educational! Tuesdays and Thursdays: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Call: (305) 770-1919.
• Vegetarians Singles Club Hatha Yoga Class – Non-profit organizations, Vegetarian Singles meets at Skylake Recreation Club room 18654 Northeast 18 Avenue, North Miami Beach on various Sundays at various times. Hatha Yoga classes are held at 12399 West Dixie Highway, Healthy Living Center on Thursdays starting at 6:30 p.m. On Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m., the King David Foundation, 17971 Biscayne Boulevard. All classes FREE, sponsored by the Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Call Bennett at any time to be placed on our mailing list, for more information or to join our clubs: (305) 949-0950.
• Jewish War Veterans Post and Auxilary #682 of North Miami Beach meets the 4th Sunday of every month. Everyone is invited to attend. Free breakfast is provided. For more information, please call: (954) 457-9178 Or: (305) 945-4875.
• Seniors vs. Crime is a special project of the Attorney General's Office of the State of Florida with 35 offices throughout the state. Trained volunteers will provide free assistance to the elderly (or any adult) who might have been scammed or victimized by contractors or other unscrupulous businesses. Visit the local office at the North Miami Beach Police Station, 16901 NE 19th Ave., open 10 a.m - 2 p.m. Mon.-Wed., call for appointment: (305) 948-2955. Visit: www.seniorsvscrime.com.