If you would like to submit an announcement for our Community Calendar in the paper or on-line, please call our office at: (954) 458-0635 - via e-mail: SFSUNTIMES@aol.com. The cost per week is: $25.00 for approximately 5 lines. For a complete listing of all Community Calendar items, please check out our web-site at: www.southfloridasuntimes.com. Also, follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/sfsuntimes.
• Come join us at the Italian American Club of Hollywood - For an evening of good food, good music and friendly faces. We have monthly dinner dances on the third Saturday of the month where a good time is had by all. All inclusive price includes music and our home cooked Italian Buffet followed by coffee and dessert. Byob! ••• Our locally famous Gift Baskets will be up for sale ••• Saturday, April 20, 2019 from 7:00 p.m.-10:30 p.m. doors open at 6:30, entertainment by the ever popular D.J. Raymond at our hall located at 700 South Dixie Highway, Hollywood, FL. (Ample FREE Parking) $30 members and $35 non-members, Call Paula: (954) 444-9883. Or: (954) 920-4013 for reservations. You're only a stranger, once!
• Suicide Loss Support Group - The Group is held at the Hollywood Cultural & Community Center, 1301 S. Ocean Drive, Hollywood FL. 33019 - 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Parking passes available; (Tell receptionist you are with our group and she will issue a pass.). Groups meet the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month.
• Funtastic Fridays For Kids - A free event series, features Mama Clown and Friends, bounce house, face painting, DJ & outdoor movie every Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at ArtsPark in Downtown Hollywood. Call: (954) 921-3404. Or visit our web-site: www.downtownhollywood.com.
• Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach / Aventura - The group meets every Wednesday at 12:15 in Brio Tuscan Grille in the Village at Gulfstream Park.
• Kiwanis Club of Hallandale Beach - The group meets the second and fourth Thursday at Noon at Brio Tuscan Grille in Gulfstream Village. 600 Silks Run. Join in their efforts to support our local youth. For more information please call 954-907-2392.
• Step Into Enlightenment Vedanta / Philosophy / Meditation - For people who have illnesses such as cancer, pain, lack, headaches, depression, insomnia. Every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month. Located at Hollywood Beach, 10:00 a.m. Sharp! Required: Cushion, notebook, text book. For more details, call (754) 703-4815 & to register.
• Memorial Senior Partners Yoga Class - The event meets at the Hollywood Beach Culture & Community Center. 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, Florida 33019. 954-924-2954. Yoga class with Carol Parvati Cohen You will need your own mat & towel. $10 for members, non-members pay additional $5. Tuesday 2:00 p.m. Friday 10:45 a.m.
• Memorial Senior Partners Memory & Stress Reduction Class - Join us for a weekly one hour class. No artistic ability necessary. But if you would like to improve your memory, concentration, eye-hand co-ordination, reduce stress and anxiety — this is the class for you! Excellent outlet for artistic inner self. Appropriate for recovering stroke victims. Memorial Senior Partners @ Hollywood Cultural Center, 1301 So. Ocean Drive, Hollywood Beach. Every Monday 10:00-11:00 AM. Members $7, non-members $12. For more info call: 954-665-4393.
• Aventura Hospital Volunteer Program Opportunities - If you are looking for a challenging volunteer position, Aventura Hospital has many to offer. Patient Escort, Surgical Waiting Room, Human Resources, Mail Room, Front Desk and Dietary. Please contact Volunteer Office 305 682-7391.
• The Aventura/North Miami Beach Lions Club - The group meets every Tuesday at 12 noon at: “Brio Restaurant in Hallandale Beach - Village at Gulfstream Park, 600 Silk Run, Suite 1205, Hallandale Beach, 33009. Join us for food, fun, friendship and service to others. For information, please call Carmen Gomez at: (954) 850-1407.
• Bereavement Support Group - For loss of a loved one, 12:30 p.m. 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month. For info, call: (954) 924-2954.
• Toastmasters Hollywood Toastmasters Club - Become the speaker and leader you want to be. Every Monday at 7:00 p.m. at Driftwood Community Center 3000 NW 69th Ave, Hollywood, FL 33024, for info, call: (954) 309-5751. Member of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
• Zumba with Jane - Located at the Hollywood Bch Community Center, 1301 South Ocn. Dr., Hollywood, Florida 33019. Friday 8:30 - 9:30 a.m., $6 per class. Open to public, no membership fees. Call Jane at: (860) 961-1887. Janepilliod.zumba.com. firstname.lastname@example.org. ZumbawithJane@facebook.
• The Memorial Cancer Institute - In coordination with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, offering a free, educational support group for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma patients and their caregivers. This group meets on the second Wednesday evening of every month at Memorial Hospital West, 703 North Flamingo Road. Pre-registration is required. For more information, call the Leukemia Lymphoma Society at: (954) 961-3234.
• Gilda's Club of South Florida - Offers emotional & social support to you and your family, free of charge if you're affected by cancer, you're not alone. Info on membership & activities, contact: email@example.com. Call: (954) 763-6776. Or visit: www.gildasclubflorida.org.
• U.S. Submarine Vets, Inc., - Pelican Harbor Base invites qualified submarines to its meetings 3rd Saturday every month at 1 p.m. Located in the VFW post in Fort Lauderdale, 350 Southwest 25th Street. Call Commander Bill Vasquez at: (954) 341-7821 Or call Secretary Jim Roese at: (954) 961-3181.
• Bluegrass Jams - Every Saturday from 3 p.m. till 6 p.m.. Come play or listen at the Lake Forest Volunteer Fire station, 3800 Southwest 41st Avenue in West Park, free. For info, call: (954) 600-8958.
• Bridge Games at the Fort Lauderdale Bridge Club - Join in the fun at 700 Northeast 6th Terrace, daily at 12:30 p.m. and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Non-life master point games Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 12:30 p.m. Social games Monday and Thursday at 12 noon. Also: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday night games. Lunch available at 11:30 a.m. Call: (954) 761-1577.
• Tri-City Lions Club - The group meets 2nd Monday of each month. Piccadilly Cafeteria, 4500 Hollywood Blvd. Call Lion Nina Loaiza: (954) 600-0306 Or Pres. Emily Scavo: (954) 458-2813.
• Belly Dance With Sandi - Every Tuesday, 11:45-12:45, held at Memorial Sr. Partners, 1301 South Ocean Drive. $5.00 members/ $8.00 nonmembers (All ages, all stages! Fun! Fun! Fun!).
• The Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach / Aventura - The group meets every Wednesday at 12:15 PM at Brio Restaurant in Gulf-stream Park. Join the world’s largest service organization. For information contact Susan at: (954) 454-1444.
• Paint With Sandi - Every Thursday morning, 9:15- 11:30... I teach a different demo every week! $10 for members, Memorial Sr. Partners, 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood. (305 978-6701).
• Hallandale Beach Kiwanis Club - The meeting is held every 2nd & 4th Thursday, noon at Brio Tuscan Grille 600 Silks Run, Hallandale Beach at the Villages of Gulfstream Park. For info about the Kiwanis Club contact Joe Kessel at: (305) 496-2770.
• Spirit Drumming - Come drum to the beat of your spirit the first Tuesday of every month at The Unitarian Fellowship of South Florida located at 1812 Roosevelt Street, Hollywood, FL 33020. The drum circle will be held outside around the fire pit (weather permitting) or indoors. For more information, please call (954) 292-1581.
• The Memorial Senior Partners - Offering Spanish Lessons on Tuesdays, Basic at 10.45 and Continuation of Basic at 11.45. The cost is $5.00 per hour. This is an ongoing Program. 1301 S. Ocean Dr., Hollywood. Please call : 954-924-2954.
• Belly Dance With Sandi - Bring Your Bellies & Bodies, 12;00-1:00, held at Hollywood Beach Culture And Community Center 1301 South Ocean Dr.,Hollywood Memorial Sr. Partners members: $7.00, nonmembers:$12.00. Bring a hip scarf and "Let's Shimmy!"
• Hollywood Kiwanis Club - The group meets every Tuesday, at noon at Orangebrook Country Club Restaurant. We have informative speakers each week, who let us know about our community and many other venues. We are a volunteer organization, helping kids and our community. Each year we donate over $25,000 in scholarships and support "Horses for the Handicapped." Please feel free to join us and be our guest for lunch. Call Saide Taie: (954) 915-4756 or just come any Tuesday.
• The Hollywood Rotary Club - The group meets each Tuesday at noon for lunch at our clubhouse on North 24th Avenue, 3 blocks north of Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood. Call Bob Lewis for information at: (954) 921-2345, or come any Tuesday.
• Raja Yoga Meditation - Free Classes, enjoy the peace and love within.10:15-11:30 & 6:30 - 7:30 Dania Beach Library, Sat 12-1, 1 Park Ave. E, Dania Beach, FL 33004. Call Roz at: (954) 962-7447.
• Pre/Natal Yoga - Helps expectant mothers to prepare for childbirth by strengthening and stretching specific muscles. Memorial Regional Hospital Fitness and Rehabilitation Center offers a 1-hour Pre-Natal Yoga class every Tuesday starting at 5:30 p.m. A physician's consent is required to participate. The first class is free and future classes are included with full gym membership or can be purchased at a discounted rate. For information, call: (954) 985-5800.
• Anxiety & Depression Survival Skills (Co-ed) - Wed. 2pm-3pm. A weekly support group for adults suffering from anxiety and depression to gain strategies to cope more effectively with life. Meets n Hollywood. $75/month payable in advance. Call Dena 954-920-5020
• Ladies’ Nite In - Recovery 4 Women Tele-Group Wed. 9pm-10pm. A weekly group for women who are clean and sober for 5 months or longer. Join other women on this journey to a more significant recovery – a Recovery of Self! Attend from the comfort of your home each Wednesday by telephone. $75/month payable in advance. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Hollywood Women's Club - All are welcome to join, come and make new friends. In addition to cultural and social meetings, we raise funds for charitable projects and participate in civic affairs. Address: 501 North 14th Avenue, Hollywood. Second Wednesday of the Month at 7 p.m., call: (954) 925-9394.
• Learn English Now - Need a high school diploma to get a better job or enter college? South Broward Community School offers adults the opportunity to learn English in an ongoing ESOL class and GED prep for adults. Students must take a required placement test before beginning the class. An annual activity fee of $10 and a $15 testing fee applies. Annual tuition $30, annual activity fee card $10. Testing is on Monday at 5:30 p.m. is the GED class and Wednesday evening at 5:30 p.m. is the ESOL class. South Broward Community School is located at 1901 N. Federal Hwy in Hollywood, 4 blocks south of Sheridan Street on Harding Street and US-1. For further information, please call the South Broward Community School at: (754) 323-1900.
• Women Professionals Power Lunch Tele-Group - Thurs. Noon-1pm. Strategize, work on personal and professional development, create balance and move forward in life and work with greater success. Conveniently from anywhere, meet 1st & 3rd Thurs each month by Telephone. $50/month payable in advance. Call Coach Dena 954-920-5020
• Caring for Caregivers Tele/Group - Thursdays 9pm-10pm. A twice monthly group providing support, information, strategies, skills and resources for caregivers. Meeting 1st & 3rd Thurs conveniently by telephone, $40/month. Call Dena: 954-920-5020.
• The South Florida Depression Glass Club - The group meets on the third Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at the Hollywood Multi-Purpose Adult Center, 2030 Polk Street, Hollywood. Please call: (954) 964-8073 for more information.
• American Legion Post 92 - 211 North 21st Avenue, Hollywood. The ladies Auxiliary has bingo every Thursday night beginning at 6:00 p.m. Food available. For further information, please call: (954) 923-2760.
• An OjimaReiki Empowerment Circle - The event is open to the public. It is from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center, 1301 South Ocean Drive, on A1A, just south of the Hollywood Boulevard bridge. The circle is hosted by Reiki masters and Holistic Life Coaches Gilbert and Mary Lou Cruz. Everyone is invited to attend; a $5 donation to the OjimaLifeWorks scholarship fund is suggested. For more information, call: (954) 381-2418 Or visit: www.ojimalifeworks.com.
• Who's In Control? Anger Group - Fridays 10am-11am. Anger is a normal response in certain situations. It is how we respond that is important. This group will help you understand what anger is, how it affects your body and health, gain strategies & skills to effectively control your anger. Meeting weekly for 12 weeks in Hollywood. $75/ per 4-week month. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Fantastic Fridays For Kids - A free event series, features Mama Clown and Friends, bounce house, face painting, DJ & outdoor movie every Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at ArtsPark in Downtown Hollywood. Call: (954) 921-3404. Or visit our web-site: www.downtownhollywood.com
• Creative Woman Workshops - Saturdays 9:30am-4:30pm, 4 week Series. A series of 4 full-day workshops to help women become economically self-sustaining - designed to educate women, who are out of work or have limited income, with ways to earn money through money literacy, creative projects & social entrepreneurship. Meeting weekly in Hollywood. $250 (Lunch and educational materials included). Limited partial scholarships may be available. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Diabetes Support Groups - Memorial Regional Hospital South, 3600 Washington Street, Hollywood, 3rd floor of the hospital. Groups meet every 3rd Thursday at 1:00 pm and the 4th Wednesday at 6:00 p.m., December meeting has been postponed and will resume in January, for more info, call: (954) 518-5275.
• Joseph Meyerhoff/Southeast Focal Point Senior Center - On Taft Street in Hollywood offers free classes for Seniors 60+. Classes include Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Current Events, Painting, Jewelry Making, Brain Aerobics, Bridge, Defensive Driving and more. Bus transportation provided. We also take seniors on special trips to restaurants, museums and shows. There is something for everyone! There is also a separate adult day care program for seniors who are frail or have Alzheimer's. For more information, please call Janet at: (954) 966-9805.
• Laughter Yoga - "World Peace through Laughter"; Free; 8:30 a.m.; TY Park (Pavilion 4) Park Road and Sheridan Street; www.zeblaru.com for directions and more information or call: (954) 989-3774.
• Mended Hearts Chapter 161 - A support group for heart patients and their families will meet at Memorial Regional Hospital, 3501 Johnson Street, Hollywood at 12:00 p.m. rap discussion, meeting to follow at 1:00 p.m. Also: Satellite meeting at 1:00 p.m. at Memorial Hospital West. Mended Hearts is affiliated with the American Heart Association. Speaker, refreshments, free. For more information, please call James Gauck at: 954-608-4227.
• Diabetes Support Group - Join a free location diabetes support group! Learn how to use your body weight and your daily self-monitored blood sugars to check your diabetes prescription. See how to improve your blood sugar control. Hands-on experience will be through personal computers provided for each participant every Tuesday 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood. For more info: (954) 270-2662.
• Low Cost Pre-school - Contact the South Broward Learning Center 6:30 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. Serving ages 2 - 5. Breakfast, lunch and snack provided, call: (954) 924-3611.
• Come Join Us For Kundalini Yoga - These ancient teachings are designed to give you a hands-on approach to experiencing your deepest emotions and highest consciousness. Relax, stretch, breathe and meditate. Your instructor, Jiwan Kaur is certified and trained by KRI. Classes are Monday nights 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. and Thursday mornings 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Temple Beth El, 1351 South 14th Avenue, Hollywood. For more information, please call: (954) 445-6775.
• Joseph Meyerhoff/Southeast Focal Point Senior Center - On Taft Street in Hollywood offers free classes for Seniors 60+. Classes include Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Current Events, Painting, Jewelry Making, Brain Aerobics, Bridge, Defensive Driving and more. Bus transportation provided. We also take seniors on special trips to restaurants, museums and shows. THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE! There is also a separate adult day care program for seniors who are frail or have Alzheimer's. For more information, please call Janet at: (954) 966-9805.
NORTH MIAMI BEACH:
• Exercise Class – North Miami Beach. 9 a.m., Monday-Wednesday-Friday. Gym and Pool. $15 for three weeks. All welcome. Call: (305) 948-2926.
• Seniors vs. Crime - This special project of the Attorney General's Office of the State of Florida with 35 offices throughout the state. Trained volunteers will provide free assistance to the elderly (or any adult) who might have been scammed or victimized by contractors or other unscrupulous businesses. Visit the local office at the North Miami Beach Police Station, 16901 NE 19th Ave., open 10 a.m - 2 p.m. Mon.-Wed., call for appointment: (305) 948-2955. Visit: www.seniorsvscrime.com.